TudorHistory.org Blog

Questions & Answers Blog

 Return to:

Glossaries

Copyright, image use
and linking information

Contact information


Court of Augmentations

This court was created in 1536 to deal with issues relating to the land of monasteries and abbeys. During the Dissolution it handled the aquiring of the lands and their sale to wealthy land owners. It merged with the Court of General Surveyors in 1542. They in turn were absorbed in to the Exchequer in the reign of Mary.